Driven by the empowerment of the pharmaceutical industry and following the necessity of utilizing scientists expertise, Tamin Pharmaceutical Investment Company (TPICO) gathered nearly 15 most prominent researchers in the pharmaceutical society and in 2000, established Tofigh Daru Research and Engineering Company to be the research center of the pharmaceutical industry.
Along with Tofigh Daru’s impressive achievements in the early years of establishment, TPICO allocated more capital and space to the company in order to make use of the available potential.
The current building of Tofigh Daru Company was designed and constructed in 1956 with the collaboration of a British pharmaceutical company called Allen and Hanburys. At the beginning, it was established under the title of the Charity Institution of Darou Pakhsh affiliated to Social Service Organization and started its activity with 30 people, some of them educated in England. With the purpose of formation of a central research organization, the building was allocated to Darou Pakhsh Pharma Chem Company and finally purchased by Tofigh Daru Research and Engineering Company in 2000.
In addition to the original goal of performing pharmaceutical research and by relying on its researchers commitment and strength, TODACO later launched different therapeutic production sites by the aid of its technological expertise.
The technical knowledge of the high tech products manufactured at TODACO is available only to a small number of companies around the world.
Today, Tofigh Daru Research and Engineering Company is a workplace for more than 200 people, who are highly motivated to improve the quality of the pharmaceutical industry in the country.